Zachary High School and Zachary Career and Technical Center are hosting a custom book fair from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Nov. 21-22 at Barnes & Noble Citiplace, 2590 Citiplace Court, Baton Rouge.
The book fair benefits both campus libraries, said Desiree Alexander, library media specialist at ZCTC.
Any item purchased at Barnes & Noble on these days will count toward the high school’s book fair — if and only if “Zachary Book Fair” is mentioned at the register, Alexander said.
Nov. 21 events
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Bronco Belles will gift wrap in-store purchases.
Storytelling by a local author: 7 p.m.
Linkee trivia game tournament: 7 p.m.
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Bronco Belles will gift wrap in-store purchases
- Artfolds: 10 a.m.
- Northwestern Middle School choir performs: 10:30 a.m.
- Celebration of author Mo Willems: 11-11:45 a.m.
- Noon-12:30 p.m. ZHS drama and theater students will perform scenes from “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown.”
- Noon-2 p.m.: LSU Press multi-author book signings.
- 1 p.m.-2 p.m. Make your own sock puppet and participate in a singalong.
- Author visit: 2 p.m.-4 p.m. “LSU Night Before Christmas” author Janet Wilson with purple and gold Santa and Mrs. Claus.
- Holiday Fluxx card game: 7 p.m.
A raffle drawing will also be hosted at the end of the day. To enter, turn in receipt of purchases with name for a chance to win a $20 gift card.
Support the fair online at www.bn.com/bookfairs from Nov. 21-27. To do so, enter book fair ID number 11466984 at checkout.