The Baker Chamber of Commerce awarded area businesses and individuals at its inaugural business awards banquet Oct. 29.
- NEW BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: H&M Fashions
- SMALL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: Ozark Insurance Agency and Woodforest National Bank
- MID-SIZE BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: Baker Printing and Bernard’s Kitchen
- LARGE BUSINESS OF THE YEAR: ExxonMobil
- NONPROFIT OF YEAR: Baker Rotary Club
- VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR: Brenda Jackson
The event was emceed by Baker Councilman Pete Heine, who introduced former Gov. Edwin Edwards as the guest speaker.
Darnell Waites was honored as the 2015 Emerging Leader.