Cox repairman booked on carnal knowledge
A Cox Communications repairman accused of having sex with a 14-year-old girl was booked Friday by East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies on a count of carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
Christopher Hilton, 37, arrived at a Sugar Bowl Avenue house on June 23 and found a 14-year-old girl home alone when she answered the door, according to the arrest warrant.
Hilton removed some equipment, but then the two talked in the yard, moved into the living room and had sex on the girl’s bed, the warrant says.
Deputies scheduled an interview with Hilton on Aug. 15, but Hilton called and told them “that he would not be attending the interview,” the warrant says.
Hilton, 69483 La. 1058, Kentwood, was booked Friday into Parish Prison.
BR Police: Child burned by bath water
A Baton Rouge woman gave a child second- and third-degree burns Thursday while trying to bathe the child in the kitchen sink, police said.
The child’s skin was red and peeling from hot-water burns, according to the affidavit of probable cause.
Doctors at a nearby hospital determined the burns along the child’s right side were likely from hot water, rather than a possible allergic reaction from the dish soap.
Ebony Allen, 28, 656 Harry Drive, Baton Rouge, was booked Thursday into Parish Prison on a count of cruelty to a juvenile.
Authorities book 9 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Ayana Forbes, 22, 3562 Beechwood Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal, reckless operation of vehicle, disobeying a red light, careless driving and failure to yield for a stop sign.
- Morgan Meyer, 20, 1146 Springwater Drive, Mandeville, first-offense DWI, failure to yield on a private driveway, reckless operation of vehicle, driver’s license not in possession and purchase of alcohol by a juvenile.
- Elizabeth Newlin, 19, 13230 Joor Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and disobeying a control device.
- Christopher Patin, 43, 11048 Fieldcrest Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light, reckless operation of vehicle, driving left of center and possession with intent to distribute or manufacture a Schedule IV drug.
- Eric Rodriguez, 40, 9853 Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to signal.
- Genie Saab, 47, 10388 S. Bluebonnet Boulevard, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of alcohol in vehicle and headlights required.
- Glenn Vaneaton, 51, 9928 Mint Drive, Baton Rouge, fourth-offense DWI and stopping a vehicle in the roadway.
- Ashlyn Verrett, 22, 17023 E. Rockbridge Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, motor vehicle insurance required, driving left of center and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Joseph Waller, 26, 32288 Nikki Drive, Denham Springs, second-offense DWI, disobeying a red light and headlights required.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.