A fan motor in a Highland Road restaurant caught fire around 10 p.m. on Friday, sending smoke into the attics of three adjacent businesses, a spokesman for the Baton Rouge Fire Department said.

Arzi’s Greek & Lebanese Cafe, 7329 Highland Road, was closed when a fan in the kitchen’s back corner sparked a fire that shot flames through the building’s roof, said Mark Miles, the spokesman.

No one was injured, and firefighters limited the fire damage. The total loss of property is estimated at $60,000.