Two adults and three teens have been temporarily displaced after a fire in a kitchen caused by unattended cooking damaged their home Tuesday, said Eldon Ledoux, spokesman for the St. George Fire Protection District.

Firefighters were dispatched at 4:51 p.m. and arrived four minutes later at 12647 King James Ave. Smoke was coming from the eaves of the house when they arrived, Ledoux said. The kitchen fire was extinguished and declared under control by 5:05 p.m.

The fire was contained to the kitchen with heavy smoke damage throughout the house, Ledoux said.

The two young adults at home at the time managed to get out before the fire trucks arrived, Ledoux said. There were no injuries.

Because of the damage, utilities to the house were disconnected, Ledoux said. Red Cross was notified to assist the residents.