An accidental kitchen fire is to blame in a duplex blaze that started Tuesday morning at 4171 Southpark Drive, according to a St. George Fire Department news release.

The call came in reporting the fire at 11:17 a.m., the release says.

The fire started in the kitchen but was quickly put out, the release says.

The kitchen and living room had serious fire damage with heavy smoke and heat spread throughout the apartment, the release says.

Utilities were cut off because of the damage.

None of the seven residents were injured, the release says.