in Sunday shooting
BR police arrest manSunday morning, then stealing that person’s car, has been arrested.
Baton Rouge police booked Matthew Davis, 22, 1223 Terrance St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on one count each of attempted first-degree murder and first-degree robbery, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
The victim, who suffered two gunshot wounds, told police the assailant, a man known as “Matt,” took the victim’s car, the affidavit says.
Police found the car traveling east in the 4900 block of Government Street and when they stopped and searched it, they found a handgun, the affidavit says.
Davis told police the gun was not his and he had permission to take the car, the affidavit says.
The affidavit provided no additional information about the victim.
A man accused of shooting a person Man arrested in ambush, shooting
Baton Rouge police on Saturday arrested a suspect in a shooting Thursday that left the victim with life-threatening wounds.
Deandrea D’Marcus Williams Jr., 19, 5112 McClelland Drive, was booked into Parish Prison on counts of attempted second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon, prison records show.
Williams’ arrest document says he and another person hid in some bushes at 5284 Clayton St., waiting for the victim.
The victim and a witness walked home from a store carrying grocery bags, the document says. When the victim walked into the driveway, the two people came out from the bushes.
“At least one suspect produced a firearm, pointed the firearm at the victim, then fired multiple times,” the document says.
The victim fell to the ground while the gunman and the other person ran away.
The victim identified Williams as the man who shot him after he saw Williams’ picture in a photographic line up, the document says.
BR man bookedin aggravated rape
A man accused of performing oral sex on a juvenile two years ago was booked Sunday into Parish Prison on a count of aggravated rape, records show.
Jose Ovidio Alvarez, 28, 7950 Hooper Road, No. 3, also was booked on a count of indecent behavior with a juvenile.
The victim’s mother reported to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office that her child told some friends about the incident after having bad dreams about it, and then she learned about it, too, Alvarez’s arrest document says.
During an interview Tuesday, the victim told deputies about the incident, and said Alvarez also had shown the victim pornographic pictures, the arrest document says.
Alvarez, interviewed Saturday through an interpreter, denied touching the victim, or showing the victim pornography.
Both victim’s age and gender are blacked out in Alvarez’s arrest document.
21-year-old booked in armed robbery case
Baton Rouge police arrested a 21-year-old man Saturday accused of putting a gun to a man’s head and taking his iPhone and car on April 11 at 4747 Annette St.
Police booked Derrick Tyrone Hills Jr., 9361 Highpoint Road, into Parish Prison on a count of armed robbery, according to an affidavit warrant.
Hills and an unknown man, both with handguns, walked up to the victim as he was getting out of his car, the warrant says.
After taking the victim’s cellphone, Hills and the other man got into the victim’s 2000 Pontiac Bonneville and drove off, the warrant says.
The victim recognized Hills as someone he knew froman online social networking site, the warrant says.
Ten arrested onsuspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Joshua Ardonne, 23, 30103 Smith Drive, Walker, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Brian Blackwell, 54, 12739 E. Glenhaven Drive, first-offense DWI, possession of schedule 2 drugs, license plate required, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of schedule 4 drugs, driver’s license required, failure to maintain control and possession of schedule 3 drugs.
- Lynetta Bradley, 49, 3020 Rue Parc Fountaine, New Orleans, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Oluwaseyi Fadamiro, 25, 9889 Old Hammond Highway, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Jessie Lyles, 29, 8746 Elvin Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, and driving over the median.
- Brant Matherne, 24, 743 Park St., Mandeville, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, and motor vehicle inspection required.
- Stephanie Moore, 48, 5763 Hartford Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Librado Nunez Granados, 36, 30774 La. 16, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required and improper lane usage.
- Robert Patterson, 55, 2526 North St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Shonda Williams, 32, 408 Centerville St., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
Editor’s note: The Brian Blackwell, 54, of 12739 E. Glenhaven Drive, Baton Rouge, listed above as being booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on first-offense DWI and various drug and other counts, is not the same Brian Blackwell, 50, who is the attorney who lives at 15328 Campanile Court, Baton Rouge.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.