Police arrested a 49-year-old man for allegedly stabbing another man in the neck with a knife on Uncas Street on Thursday after an argument over a debt, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Robert Pitts Jr. fled the scene and disposed of the knife after the stabbing, the affidavit says.
Officers found the knife, the affidavit says.
The victim was in critical condition in a hospital and it is uncertain if he will recover, the affidavit says.
No address for the incident was given.
Pitts, 4950 Breckenridge St., was booked into Parish Prison on one count of attempted second-degree murder.
Five DWI suspects booked into prison
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Kate Cummings, 25, 6929 Commerce Circle, first-offense DWI, drinking in public and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Christin Dottole, 30, 18499 Lake Harbor, Prairieville, first-offense DWI.
• Rita Korn, 23, 3012 Wyoming St., first-offense DWI and failure to yield on a left turn.
• Fred Smith, 24, 10041 Rhine Ave., first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, speeding and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Ryan Suarez, 18, 22990 Talbot Drive, Plaquemine, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and reckless operation of a vehicle.