EBRSO: Fatal shooting appears justifiable
Evidence reviewed so far during an investigation into the Saturday night fatal shooting in Central indicates the killing was a justifiable act of self-defense, according to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office.
A woman told investigators that she shot her fiancé, Reedus McAllister, 39, after he attacked her at a home in the 21000 block of Greenwell Springs Road, said Casey Rayborn Hicks, a Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman. McAllister’s body could be seen in some grass outside the home Saturday evening.
No other details have been released regarding McAllister’s death.
Man, 31, booked in child molestation
A 31-year-old Denham Springs man was arrested Friday in a 2013 incident involving an 8-year-old girl and a 12-year-old child he had been baby-sitting, after he described the incidents to agents investigating the downloading of child pornography, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Nicholas J. Istre is accused of molesting the children in Livingston Parish on July 6, 2013, by sticking his hand down their pants and kissing the 8-year-old on the lips “throughout the evening,” the affidavit says.
There was another incident in East Baton Rouge, but the affidavit does not give the details.
Istre, 7851 Ashton Ave., was booked Friday into Parish Prison on counts of indecent behavior with a juvenile and molestation of a juvenile.
BR man booked in child porn case
After investigators traced two child pornography photos uploaded to a social media site to the computer of a 29-year-old Baton Rouge man, several more images were found stored on the hard drive, authorities say.
Bolton Morris uploaded the images to a blog on Tumblr.com on May 20, according to an affidavit of probable cause. At least one of the images involved boys as young as 5 years old.
Morris told authorities that he has looked at many child porn photos, and investigators found photos of teen boys in various stages of undress on the hard drive, the affidavit says.
Morris, 1637 E. Lakeshore Drive, was booked Saturday into Parish Prison on distribution of pornography involving a juvenile.
Man booked in rape of girl, 16, in home
Police say a 27-year-old man raped a 16-year-old girl who had been sleeping on a couch in a Jackson Avenue home at 4 a.m. Saturday.
John Sims was standing over the girl as she was sleeping when he awakened her by asking to have sex with her, according to the affidavit of probable cause. When she refused, he got under the sheets with her and proceeded to rape her before leaving the house, the affidavit says.
The warrant does not specify what Sims was doing in the home, or whether he knew the victim.
Police arrested Sims, 1405 Cardinal St., Baton Rouge, about 6 p.m. that day and later booked him into Parish Prison on a count of forcible rape.
Authorities book 14 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 14 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Joseph Brown, 26, 9270 Pecan Tree Drive, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and disobeying a control device.
- Spencer Craft, 22, 2310 Valencia Ave., Monroe, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, disobeying a control device, and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Nathan Glueck, 23, 5346 Arlington Court, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, disobeying a control device and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Dustin Greene, 24, 6315 Greenwell St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Darrell Howard, 27, 2543 Spain St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Taylor Jacobs, 19, 210 Betz Place, Metairie, first-offense DWI, disobeying a control device and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Michael Jones, 32, 3109 Oswego St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and negligent injuring.
- Henry Mitchell, 26, 1821 Magazine St., New Orleans, first-offense DWI, failure to signal and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Lee Robinson, 35, 5350 Groom Road, Baker, second-offense DWI, one-way street violation and disturbing the peace.
- Jonathan Shanks, 20, 7 Pats Place, Metairie, first-offense DWI, speeding, reckless operation of a vehicle, driver’s license not in possession.
- Daryl Stevenson, 57, 6639 N. Bourgeois Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation and hit and run.
- Gilberto Sustaita, 21, 14045 Azalea Park Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required or expired.
- Kelly Vastine, 31, 1938 Picket Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and careless operation.
- Kim White, 50, 2229 S. Brock Place, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, careless operation and disobeying a traffic control device.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.