A 37-year-old Baker woman was killed Thursday when her vehicle smashed into a utility pole on La. 19, Baton Rouge Police said Friday.
The accident involving Tamika Singleton occurred at 11:45 a.m. in the 11700 block of La. 19, police spokesman Sgt. Don Stone said.
Singleton, 3535 Van Buren St., Baker, was driving a 1992 Chevrolet pickup truck north on La. 19 when the truck left the right side of the road and hit a utility pole, Stone said.
Singleton was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead, Stone said.
Investigators were not able to immediately determine whether Singleton was wearing a seat belt, Stone said.
Authorities book 11 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 11 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Melissa Chauser, 20, 9723 Diane Ave., first-offense DWI, motor vehicle inspection required, reckless operation of a vehicle and driver’s license not in possession.
• Jason Chustz, 36, 2939 Morning Glory Drive, second-offense DWI, license plate required and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Caleb Jennings, 21, 1471 Frenchman’s Bend, Monroe, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Johnny Kemp, 24, 22541 Greenwell Springs Road, Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI, motor vehicle inspection required, license plate required, insurance required and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
• Kade Lamaire, 21, 1443 Beech St., first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• David Steele, 28, 14632 Jamestown Blvd., first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Jacob Stockinger, 22, 2522 W. Highmeadow Court, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Joseph Tonore, 22, 1816 Roseneath Drive, first-offense DWI, insurance required and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Travis Tussing, 19, 3741 S. 58 St., Lincoln, Neb., first-offense DWI.
• Raymond Williams, 26, 208 Cypress Drive, Baker, first-offense DWI and open container-public drinking.
• Emily Zering, 24, 5960 Siegen Lane, first-offense DWI and motor vehicle inspection required.