Man accused of molesting girl
Baton Rouge police on Friday arrested a 35-year-old man accused of molesting a 13-year-old girl many times over the past year.
Police booked Robert Cole, 35, 5740 St. Katherine Ave., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of sexual battery and sex crimes against a juvenile, booking records show.
Cole is accused of molesting the girl numerous times in the past year and threatening that he would “do her something,” if she told anyone, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Arson suspected in complex fire
Baton Rouge Fire Department investigators believe someone intentionally set fire Saturday morning to a bedroom of an apartment complex that destroyed the apartment of origin and significantly damaged several others.
Firefighters responded to the apartment, 11641 Sherwood Hollow Court, at 10:28 a.m. and had the fire under control 12 minutes later, Robert Combs, a department spokesman, said in a news release.
The building had four units with 19 people living in them who were present during the fire, Combs said.
Everyone escaped and there were no injuries.
Anyone with information can contact the Fire Department at (225) 354-1419.
Police: Man threatens, batters deputies
When a group of sheriff’s deputies responded to a disturbance early Saturday morning at Blackie’s Place on Sullivan Road, they found an aggressive man who threatened to kill their family members.
The man, Christopher Henry Cheek, also claimed multiple false identities, not limited to: “Chris Jindal,” “son of the Lieutenant Governor” and that of a FBI agent, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Deputies booked Cheek, 35, 35 Tingle Road, Deville, into Parish Prison on counts of battery on a police officer, false personation of a peace officer, disturbing the peace, remaining after forbidden and damage to property, booking records show.
Cheek is accused of shouting obscenities at the deputies and making threats that they would all be taken to jail with him because of his importance. He also kicked two deputies during their attempts to calm him down and arrest him, a deputy wrote in the affidavit.
Authorities book 6 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- James Barker, 31, 31153 Burgess Road, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Eugenio Camacho, 27, 5750 Florida Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light and driver’s license required.
- Christopher Daigle, 24, 12587 Honey Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal, failure to obey a stop or yield sign, reckless operation of a vehicle, improper turn and improper lane usage.
- Brandt Faber, 42, 521 Allen St., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Christopher Jones, 35, 2132 Sul Ross St., Houston, Texas, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Robin Meadows, 42, 4522 Avenue G, Austin, Texas, first-offense DWI, stop sign/yield sign violation and reckless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.