Baker man booked in rape of 7-year-old
Sheriff’s deputies arrested a 43-year-old Baker man for forcing a 7-year-old girl to perform oral sex on him on July 1.
The 7-year-old’s family thought they were dropping off their child at 4212 Rue Splendeur, Baker, where a 14-year-old girl was supposed to baby-sit the child for a few hours, according to the arrest warrant. But the teenager had oral surgery earlier that day, so she left the child with her father, William White, while she was drugged on pain medication and out of commission elsewhere in the house, the warrant says.
White and the child were watching TV at the time of the incident, the warrant says.
White was booked into Parish Prison on Wednesday on aggravated rape.
BR shooting death victim identified
Travis Jones, 22, 1860 Blvd. de Province, was identified as the Baton Rouge man shot to death Thursday night in the 200 block of South 17th Street, police said Friday.
“The details surrounding the death of Jones are unclear at this time,” police spokesman Cpl. Don Coppola Jr. said in a news release.
An earlier release from Capt. Joseph Colar described officers finding the body in the roadway with what appeared to be gunshot wounds. Jones died at the scene.
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to contact the Violent Crimes Unit at (225) 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Authorities book 7 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Maddison Crawford, 18, 10074 Lexington Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of vehicle and driving left of center.
- Tony Grose, 39, 120 Jaguar Drive, Arabi, first-offense DWI and improper lane use.
- Peter Hargrove, 39, 12819 Sunshine Road, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, improper lane use, driving left of center, reckless operation of vehicle and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Karlesio Richardson, 29, 11580 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and following too closely.
- Johnathan Robertson, 25, 5312 Truman St., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI and speeding.
- John Thibaut, 71, 10022 False River Road, New Roads, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and disobeying a red light.
- Kaci Whittington, 25, 366 E. Holly Street, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked, motor vehicle inspection required or expired, careless operation and failure to maintain control.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.