BR man arrestedon sex battery count
Sheriff’s deputies Thursday arrested a 38-year-old Baton Rouge man accused of having sex with a 13-year-old girl in July.
Deputies booked Michael Long, 4530 Sunnybrook Drive, into Parish Prison on one count of sexual battery, prison records show.
Long brought the girl to his house and had sex with her before a family member picked her up, an affidavit warrant says.
During questioning after his subsequent arrest on second-degree kidnapping and contributing to the delinquency of juveniles, he admitted that he had sex with the girl, the warrant says.
Man held,of threat with gun accused
A 23-year-old Baton Rouge man accused of threatening to kill a woman while shoving a black .25-caliber handgun in her face was arrested Thursday afternoon.
Sheriff’s deputies booked Terry Marshall Handy Jr., 12400 Jefferson Highway, into Parish Prison on one count of aggravated assault with a firearm, prison records show.
The victim told deputies she feared for her life when Handy pulled the handgun during an argument, an affidavit of probable cause says. She hid in the kitchen and called 911, while Handy separately called 911 and reported that he did not have a weapon, the affidavit says.
Deputies found a .25-caliber firearm in the pocket of Handy’s shorts when they arrived and searched him, the affidavit says.
5 booked with DWI in EBR Parish Prison
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Frank Anderson, 27, 5840 Tee Drive, Zachary, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control/careless operation.
- Dylan Gregoire, 21, 17931 Creek Hollow Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal/improper turn, possession of Schedule II drugs and possession of Schedule IV drugs.
- Stephen P. Henry, 42, 18147 Pine Hurst Drive, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, improper left/right turn and failure to signal.
- Maybrie McKeithen, 23, 5960 Siegen Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to signal/improper turn.
- Richard Spencer, 56, 15643 Old Hammond Highway, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, equipment violation, drinking in a motor vehicle and resisting an officer.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225)388-0369.