The Baton Rouge Fire Department took a half hour to bring a Baton Rouge apartment fire under control early Saturday morning, a spokesman said.

The fire appeared to start accidentally from a stove, and firefighters were able to contain the flames to one of 10 units at 11440 Bard Ave., according to BRFD spokesman Mark Miles. The people who rented the apartment were not home at the time of the blaze, around 2:30 a.m., and saw the flames when they returned.

The apartment complex is home to 14 occupants, but surrounding units sustained only smoke and water damage.

One firefighter became overheated and Emergency Medical Services treated him at the scene, Miles said. He didn’t need to be taken to the hospital. Red Cross provided assistance to the tenants.