Man, 19, booked inex-girlfriend’s assault
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies arrested a 19-year-old Baton Rouge man Thursday suspected of breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s residence and punching her later when he returned to repair the damage to the door, an affidavit of probable cause says.
Deputies booked Lamar Causey, 2722 Plover St., into Parish Prison on one count each of home invasion, simple assault, unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling and criminal damage to property, the affidavit says.
Causey forced open his ex-girlfriend’s bedroom door on her balcony at about 3:45 p.m., damaging the door frame before fleeing as the victim dialed 911, the affidavit says.
Causey punched the victim in the face after they argued when he returned at about 6:45 p.m. to offer to fix the damage, the affidavit says.
The victim’s roommate ran in, and Causey threatened to punch her in the face also, the affidavit says.
Zachary man booked in shooting of his son
A Zachary man who shot his son in the upper leg during a dispute between the two Wednesday night has been arrested, an affidavit of probable cause says.
The victim and his father, Leroy Wilkerson, 62, had to be separated after the victim attacked Wilkerson, the affidavit says.
Wilkerson then went inside and returned shortly with a pistol and shot his son in the upper leg, the affidavit says.
The victim identified his father as the shooter right before he went into surgery for the life-threatening injury, the affidavit says.
Deputies booked Wilkerson, 21828 Samuel Road, into Parish Prison on Thursday morning on one count of attempted manslaughter, the affidavit says.
Nine arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Crystal Burton, 29, 6377 Beechwood Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Andrew Grimes, 37, 11249 Longhill Drive, Pinellas Park, Fla., first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Kelly Hollis, 33, 36955 La. 69, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and litter thrown from vehicle.
- Michael Nicoll, 20, 4305 Williams Blvd., Kenner, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Brooke Ort, 20, 13377 Autumn Run Drive, Walker, first-offense DWI, driver’s license not in possession, driving over the median and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Kenneth Reado, 25, 3910 Elm Drive, first-offense DWI, fugitive from justice, improper lane usage and failure to maintain control.
- Felipe Romero, 40, Governor Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Christopher Stevenson, 29, 819 Bay St., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, child passenger restraint system violation, driver’s license required and failure to obey a stop sign or yield sign.
- Jerome Triplett, 45, 3700 E. Brookstown Drive, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.