Vacherie man returned to Louisiana to face charges in 2014 hit-and-run that resulted in the death of an LSU student _lowres

Advocate staff photo by TRAVIS SPRADLING -- Janneh Trench, 36, left, of Vacherie, La., is walked into Baton Rouge Police Department's First District on Plank Road Thursday morning by BRPD traffic homicide detective Cpl. Brandon Blust, right, as he is returned to Baton Rouge after his arrest on June 15 in Georgia by Clayton County Sheriffs and U.S. Marshals officers. Trench was wanted in connection with the traffic crash death of LSU student Eric Fabre, who was killed in the 9700 block of Airline Highway on June 20, 2014. Trench was to be booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on charges of negligent homicide, felony hit and run,reckless operation, obstruction of justice and operating a vehicle without a license.

The man who was wanted in a fatal hit-and-run for almost a year before his arrest in Georgia last month bonded out of jail on Saturday.

Janneh Trench, 36, is accused of killing an LSU student in a collision on Airline Highway. Police say he rammed his vehicle into the back of a scooter driven by 20-year-old Eric Fabre, of Slidell, killing him.

Though prosecutors filed a motion asking for Trench to be held without bond on July 7, Trench was released from jail before a judge ruled on that motion. The document stated Trench had been arrested as a wanted fugitive in various locations in Louisiana at least four times since 2001, not including his most recent arrest.

His attorney, Jason Williams, didn’t respond to a request for comment. East Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore said the motion to revoke Trench’s bond is “still valid” and there could be forthcoming changes to Trench’s bond conditions.

Trench, of 1574 W. Ninth St., Vacherie, faces counts of negligent homicide, felony hit-and-run, reckless operation, obstruction of justice and operating a vehicle under suspension in the June 20, 2014 incident. He’s accused of setting the car he was driving on fire in an attempt to destroy evidence after the crash.

Trench’s bond had been set at $77,400. He was arrested in Clayton, Georgia, in June. Fabre’s family had publicized the search for Trench through social media and fliers.