A Baton Rouge man accused of having sex with a 12-year-old girl in 2010 was arrested Thursday, according to an arrest warrant.
Jacob McGehee, 19, 17602 Greens Court, was booked by U.S. marshals with aggravated rape and sexual battery, according to East Baton Rouge Parish Prison booking records.
Pot blamed for fire that damaged home
An unattended pot caused a house fire on King James Avenue on Friday, according to a St. George Fire Protection District spokesman.
One adult and two children were at home during the fire at 12721 King James Ave., St. George spokesman Eldon Ledoux said.
The adult suffered cuts to the arm from broken glass and was treated on scene, Ledoux said. The children were not injured.
The house suffered major heat and water damage throughout its structure, Ledoux said.
Authorities book 8 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including a man on a fourth-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show. Those booked and the counts against them:
- Matthew Malarcher, 27, 11521 Auburn Drive, fourth-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, speeding and improper lane usage.
- Calvin Stewman, 48, 4607 Greenwood Lane, Baker, third-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Ashley Pevey, 29, 5185 Universal Ave., Greenwell Springs, second-offense DWI, possession of drug paraphernalia, operating a vehicle while under suspension for a prior offense, possession of schedule II drugs, possession of alcohol in a vehicle, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Patrick Cahill, 47, 10780 Ray Drive, Denham Springs, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and possession of alcohol in a vehicle.
- Chaz Cooper, 25, 1121 Aster St., first-offense DWI, careless driving and drinking in public.
- Mallori Diez, 23, 18349 Bellingrath Hill, Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Ronald Olinde, 54, 9091 Meadowwood Drive, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, speeding and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Nicole Skoumal, 20, 3350 Tula St., first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.