Baton Rouge Police arrested a 23-year-old man on Friday who is accused of shooting another man multiple times on Callahan Street earlier this month.
Christopher Noble, of 5748 Adams Ave., Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on counts of attempted second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon.
When the shooting occurred about 8 p.m. on Oct. 1, police arrived to find a man lying in the road near 6200 Callahan St., according to the affidavit of probable cause. The man was rushed to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries but managed to tell a detective that a man known as “Big Chris” shot him.
The victim survived his injuries after surgery, while an anonymous tipster told police that Big Chris was a nickname for Noble, the affidavit says.
Police seek man in attempted robbery
Baton Rouge police are searching for a man in a Ford Explorer who wore blue latex gloves while trying to rob a McDonald’s drive-through window on Saturday morning.
When the man stopped at the window of the O’Neal Lane restaurant in a green 1990s-model Explorer around 9:45 a.m. Saturday, he aimed what looked like a gun and demanded money from an employee, said Cpl. Don Coppola, a Baton Rouge Police spokesman.
But the employee quickly locked the window and ran toward the kitchen, and the man drove south on O’Neal Lane empty-handed, Coppola said. No one was hurt in the incident.
Anyone with information about the incident can contact police at (225) 389-3845 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
15 people booked on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 15 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Clay Corkern, 30, 8902 Westlake Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, stop sign violation and headlights required.
- Rebecca Edwards, 41, 4358 Oakland Drive, Ethel, first-offense DWI, improper lane use, driver’s license required or expired and reckless operation.
- Kendrick Fultz, 35, 11077 Peckerwood Road, Kentwood, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, possession of marijuana and careless operation.
- Samuel Guidry, 54, 4949 Stumberg Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, failure to change address on a driver’s license and making improper turns.
- Hope Herring, 23, 14710 Hunters, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, maximum speed limit, failure to signal and speeding.
- Kerri Landry, 27, 14213 Ceazer Road, Gonzales, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended and disobeying a red light.
- Robert Livermore, 58, 7342 Foxboro Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Thad Loque, 25, 1716 2nd St., Lutcher, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, insurance required or expired, tail lamps required, disobeying a red light, improper lane use and mirrors required.
- Monica Matthews, 28, 129 White Head Blvd., Port Allen, first-offense DWI.
- Colby Nelson, 27, 9242 Rudolph Davis Road, St. Francisville, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and one-way street.
- Caitlyn Rosenberg, 23, 15236 Point Chenier Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and possession of alcohol in vehicle.
- Beth Silverman, 59, 4872 Abelia Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to yield in a private driveway.
- Michael Soileau, 33, 26391 Feliciana Ave., Denham Springs, second-offense DWI and speeding.
- William Thayer, 21, 2255 University Blvd., Houston, Texas, second-offense DWI, simple obstruction of a highway and reckless operation.
- Edrick Wallace, 39, 3345 Aliquippa St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and speeding.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.