Police are searching for a man who robbed a Walgreens pharmacy Friday morning at gunpoint, according to a Baton Rouge Police Department news release.
The robbery occurred at 4:45 a.m. at the Walgreens at 4747 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd., the release says.
The robber went into the store, jumped over the pharmacy counter and pointed a gun at the pharmacist and demanded drugs, the release says.
The robber took an undisclosed amount of narcotics and left the store walking south, the release says.
The robber is described as a white man, 220 pounds, 25 to 30 years old with dark hair, the release says.
He was seen wearing a Southern University ball cap, a gray long sleeved shirt, black gloves and carrying a black or gray book sack, the release says.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Baton Rouge Police Armed Robbery Division at (225) 389-3845 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Nine people booked on EBR DWI counts
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Keimaya Aites, 21, 1976 Government St., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, battery of a police officer, resisting an officer by violence or force and cruelty to juveniles.
• Rebecca Bencowitz, 21, 1595 Thomas Road, Beaumont, Texas, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
• Trachell Brown, 25, 1194 Fiesta Court, second-offense DWI, failure to obey a stop sign or yield sign and driver’s license required.
• Brian Coleman, 33, 10024 Beta Drive, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and possession of alcohol in a vehicle.
• David Duplantis, 38, 18157 Little Prairie, Prairieville, first offense DWI, failure to signal and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Jeffery Fountain, 32, 635 Highland Park Road, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and other laws of the road.
• Lawrence Jackson, 29, 10060 Ave. D, third-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, equipment violation and driver’s license required.
• Thomas Lebeau, 45, 1913 Landry Drive, Baker, second-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Travis Shaw, 22, 1756 N. 39th St., first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, driver’s license suspended or revoked, improper lane usage and headlights required.