One person was injured in an overnight grease fire on Stevendale Road, fire officials said.

The fire started around 2:10 a.m. Wednesday in a home in the 2200 block of Stevendale Road, according to Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman Curt Monte. One resident said she turned on the grease on the stove and went into another room. She later saw smoke and found the kitchen on fire, Monte said.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and adjoining rooms. The rest of the home sustained heavy smoke damage.

One resident was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, Monte said. There were six people inside the home at the time of the fire, which was under control shortly before 2:30 a.m.