A woman spraying expansion foam into cracks in a wall near her home’s water heater accidentally set the house on fire when the foam ignited, the Baton Rouge Fire Department said.

The woman escaped uninjured but the fire spread through the walls and into the home’s attic, causing extensive damage, Fire Department spokesman Curt Monte said.

Firefighters arrived at the home at 343 N. 24th St. just before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and quickly brought the fire under control, Monte said.

Firefighters contacted the Red Cross to assist the woman.

Tags