Six arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Carl Henderson, 26, 112 Indian Overlook Court, Morrisville, North Carolina, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Jeffrey Herman, 26, 834 Iris St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Sterling Jordan, 62, 11052 Tams Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and insurance required.
- George Kaufman, 37, 10115 Ave. J, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required, possession of alcoholic beverage, obstruction of public passage and reckless operation.
- Lawrence Louis, 50, 1951 Thomas H. Delpit Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, careless operation, improper lane usage, possession of alcoholic beverage in vehicle and driver’s license expired
- Laura Smith, 26, 7517 Vice President Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driving left of center and reckless operation.
To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.