Man hospitalized following shooting
Baton Rouge police are investigating a shooting Monday night on West Sherwood Meadow Avenue, a police spokesman said Tuesday.
Officers arrived at West Sherwood Meadow around 10 p.m. and found a man shot multiple times in the torso area, Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said.
The man was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries, McKneely said.
The man is expected to survive, McKneely said.
Police have not identified a suspect or motive in the shooting, McKneely said.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact police at (225) 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-STOP (7867).
Authorities book five on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Sunday and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Christopher Bernaird, 22, 15917 Haynes Bluff Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Johnny Corley, 65, 7245 Modesto Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Richard Grogan, 51, 5621 Overland, The Colony, Texas, first-offense DWI, possession of Schedule II drugs and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Jean Thibodaux, 27, 306 Amarillo, Houma, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Collin Vidrine, 24, 16236 Antietam Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, drinking in a motor vehicle, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and improper lane usage.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.