Man arrested in rape of 12-year-old girl
Baton Rouge police arrested a 19-year-old man in the rape of a 12-year-old girl early Saturday morning.
The girl told police that Justin Moore forced her onto his bed at his home and raped her while using his bedsheets to hold her down, according to a police report.
The girl was able to force Moore away and call for help, the report says. Moore admitted to police that he had sex with the girl but claimed the encounter was consensual, according to the report.
Moore, of 1335 Silverwood Drive, Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on a count of aggravated rape.
EBRSO: Homeless man, two others rob man
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies on Saturday arrested three people accused of dragging a man into a wooded area and robbing him at knifepoint.
The victim had just been discharged from Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center and was walking north along Essen Lane when he saw John Stanley, 48, at the edge of the woods, sharpening a folding knife, according to an arrest report.
Stanley and two others — Stacey Iles, 51, and Joseph Garrington, 34 — dragged him into the woods and stole about $60 and a hospital-issued complimentary bus ticket, deputies said. The trio then punched and kicked him while he was on the ground, causing cuts and swelling behind his ear, the arrest report says.
The victim ran to a nearby gas station and called the Sheriff’s Office, the report says. When deputies arrived, he led them to a homeless encampment where he identified the alleged robbers, authorities said.
Stanley, who is homeless, Garrington, 24292 La. 13, Crowley, and Iles, of Durham, North Carolina, were booked into Parish Prison on counts of armed robbery, aggravated kidnapping and simple battery.
7 suspected of driving while intoxicated
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Daniel Coomer, 21, 12007 Ida Bourgeois Road, St. Amant, first-offense DWI, improper left/right turns, reckless operation of vehicle and interfering with officer.
- Michael Dickerson, 51, 39514 Gregg Drive, Prairieville, third-offense DWI, following too close, negligent vehicular injuring and reckless operation of vehicle.
- Kern Fontenot, 34, 43043 Wayne Stevens Road, Gonzales, third-offense DWI, reckless operation of vehicle, unlawful refusal to submit to chemical test and expired motor vehicle inspection.
- David Hargroder, 29, 415 W. Parker Blvd., Apt. 20, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and possession of alcohol in vehicle.
- Cade McKernan, 22, 17340 General Forest Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked, insurance required and expired motor vehicle inspection.
- Treashur Pearah, 22, 18713 St. Andrews Court, West Prairieville, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of vehicle, failure to signal and improper lane usage.
- Crescenciano Pizano, 49, 9236 Church Road, Dallas, Texas, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and speeding.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.