Man arrested on DWI, drug, gun charges
Sheriff’s deputies say a Baton Rouge man, accused of drunken driving, crashed his truck into a trailer used for catering a tailgating party on LSU’s campus after Saturday’s game — and deputies said that while searching his car, they found a gun, an open container of alcohol and a range of narcotics, according to court documents.
East Baton Rouge sheriff’s deputies arrived at the accident on Nicholson Drive south of West Chimes Street just after 11 p.m. Saturday and discovered that William Andrepont, 32, had veered his Toyota truck off the road and into the catering trailer, according to the affidavit of probable cause. Inside his car was a hand-rolled joint in the car’s ashtray, a partially finished 12-pack of beer with at least one can open, 12 Xanax pills, small amounts of morphine and hydrocodone, a digital scale and a loaded .45-caliber handgun, the affidavit says.
Andrepont’s driver’s license had been suspended after one of his two prior arrests for driving while intoxicated, the affidavit says.
Andrepont, of 8730 Gail Drive, Baton Rouge, was booked Sunday into Parish Prison on several counts.
13 booked on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 13 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- William Andrepont, 32, 8730 Gail Drive, Baton Rouge, DWI, driving with a suspended license, distribution with intent to manufacture a Schedule IV drug, possession of Schedule II drugs, possession of marijuana, open container violation, possession of a firearm in a firearm-free zone, possession of drug paraphernalia, careless operation and possession of a firearm with drugs.
- Rita Barton, 53, 2455 Weldwood Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- David Chambliss, 29, 18815 W. Azalea, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked and reckless operation.
- Troy Cleveland, 35, 18530 Old Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane use, reckless operation and headlights required.
- Jennia Dillon, 54, 867 Mount Pleasant Road, Zachary, first-offense DWI, insurance required and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- James Greenwood, 27, 8435 S. Essen, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, motor vehicle inspection required, no proof of insurance and reckless operation.
- Richard House, 55, 4810 Riverside Oaks Drive, Kingwood, Texas, first-offense DWI, drinking in motor vehicle and reckless operation.
- David Lopez Pindea, 36, 9989 Burbank Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required and disobeying a red light.
- Jason Myers, 26, 220 Woodberry, Covington, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Rance Reddix, 28, 5419 Clayton Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, hit-and-run, insurance required and reckless operation.
- Jacob Schoen, 21, 32826 E. Lakeview, Prairieville, first-offense DWI and obstruction of a public highway.
- Mark Williams, 23, 809 Summer Breeze Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and disobeying a police officer.
- Cody Williford, 24, 3019 Clearview Circle, Houston, Texas, first-offense DWI, careless operation and one-way street violation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.
Editor's Note: This story was updated at 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 27, 2014, to correct William Andrepont's age.