A man was shot and killed Wednesday at his residence on Lorraine Street, police said.
Police were called to 3883 Lorraine St. about 8:30 p.m. in reference to a shooting, Sgt. Don Stone said.
When police arrived, they found Daryl Taylor, 45, suffering from a gunshot wound and lying in the driveway, Stone said. Taylor died at the scene.
No arrests have been made in the shooting and no suspects have been named, Stone said. A motive also has not been determined.
Anyone with information about this incident can contact police at (225) 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344- STOP or (225) 344-7867.
Near-accident ends in assault arrest
A Weyanoke man was arrested Thursday and accused of brandishing a weapon after a near-accident on Siegen Lane, authorities said.
Joshua M. Gilmore, 24, 5707 Ouida Irondale Road, Weyanoke, flashed a gun at a motorist about 2 p.m. after he and the person tried to merge onto the same lane of traffic on Siegen Lane and almost collided, said Casey Rayborn Hicks, a spokeswoman with the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Gilmore later got out of his vehicle and displayed the weapon, Hicks said. The victim tried to follow Gilmore but had brake problems and could not.
Another person followed Gilmore, who got out of his vehicle again, lifted his shirt and flashed his weapon, Hicks said.
Deputies stopped Gilmore at Interstate 10 near Dalrymple Drive, arrested him and booked him into Parish Prison on two counts each of aggravated assault and illegal carrying of a firearm.
33-year-old man arrested in robbery
A 33-year-old man was arrested Wednesday, accused of robbing several people in a parking lot on Tracy Drive, an arrest warrant says.
Peter L. Hinkle and two accomplices robbed several people about 7:30 p.m. Aug. 8 in the parking lot of a duplex at 9562 Tracy Ave., the warrant says.
Although no one was injured, a victim told authorities each robber was carrying a gun, the warrant says.
Hinkle, 2080 N. Lobdell Blvd., was booked into Parish Prison on a count of armed robbery.
At least 8 suspects booked with DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Robert Fontenot, 50, 1639 Parkview Drive, Opelousas, second-offense DWI, hit and run, reckless operation of a vehicle and failure to maintain control.
• John Duplantis, 26, 1645 Brightside, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and headlight required.
• Tyrell Dykes, 30, 9602 Simplicity, San Antonio, Texas, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
• Anthony Harris, 42, 5928 E. Fairlane Court, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Britton Lacy, 29, 2989 N. Blank Drive, first-offense DWI, failure to yield at stop sign, failure to signal and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Stephanie Landry, 23, 2266 Broussard St., first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
• Helene Daage, 22, 808 Meadow Bend Drive, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and text massaging prohibited.
• Kasey Stone, 36, 590 New Rafe Meyer Road, first-offense DWI.