One of three people wanted in the robbery and carjacking of an elderly woman was arrested Wednesday and booked into Parish Prison, an arrest warrant says.
Laura N. Carter and two other people robbed an 85-year-old woman at gunpoint on July 1 and stole her car, the warrant says. The incident occurred in the 17000 block of Carlisle Avenue about 6 p.m.
The woman returned home from shopping at Walmart on O’Neal Lane when a dark Honda sedan pulled in her driveway behind her, the warrant says.
A man and woman got out of the sedan and approached her, the warrant says. The man pointed a gun at the victim, then took her vehicle and fled.
The other woman returned to the Honda, driven by a second woman, and they drove off, the warrant says.
Detectives later found the victim’s vehicle abandoned on Jones Creek Road.
The warrant does not specify what role Carter, 2908 Tecumseh St., played in the incident. She was booked into Parish Prison on one count each of armed robbery and theft.
8 booked with DWI in EBR Parish Prison
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including a man on a third-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 3 p.m. Wednesday and 3 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Lawrence Jackson, 29, 10060 Avenue D, third-offense DWI, driver’s license required, equipment violation and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Nicholas Francis, 30, 225 Tennyson Road, Warrick, R.I., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and headlight required.
• Jennifer Alamis, 22, 233 Leeds Drive, Slidell, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and failure to signal/improper turn.
• Jessika Hughes, 20, 14524 Bywood Ave., first-offense DWI, failure to stop/yield, drinking in a motor vehicle and purchasing alcohol by a juvenile.
• Brittany Law, 22, 9826 S. Bunting Drive, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Charles Lynch, 39, 3393 Grand Prairie Highway, Washington, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
• Erin Pisani, 29, 1939 Stonegate Court, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Roy Sellers, 21, 2211 S. Darla St., Gonzales, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.