A faulty stove caused $80,000 damage to a home on Cypress Cedar Street in Baton Rouge Saturday afternoon, according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.

Firefighters arrived at the house in the 10000 block of Cypress Cedar Street at just after 2:30 p.m. Saturday to find smoke in the house. The owner said the stove was on fire which then quickly spread to the attic above the stove in the kitchen.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in a little over 10 minutes, according to information from the Baton Rouge Fire Department.

There was heavy smoke damage in the house. The homeowner got a minor burn to the hand, but was treated by EMS and didn’t require hospitalization.