Baton Rouge police book felon in shooting
Baton Rouge police on Tuesday arrested a convicted felon accused of shooting a man.
Frederick Washington opened his apartment door Tuesday evening and fired a stolen .45 caliber pistol at a man without provocation, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
The shooting victim was taken to a hospital for non life-threatening injuries, the affidavit says.
Washington, 9209 Great Smokey Ave., Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison early Wednesday on counts of attempted second-degree murder, felon in possession of a firearm and possession of a stolen firearm.
Authorities book 13 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 13 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Tuesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Paula Carbo, 51, 4226 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control, reckless operation of vehicle.
- Jared Constant, 23, 19031 Beaujolaes Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of vehicle, improper lane usage.
- Byron Edwards, 37, 9165 Alexander Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Thea Fjersrtad, 19, 13606 Pinerock Ave., Houston, first-offense DWI.
- James Franklin, 48, 12713 Jimmy Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of vehicle.
- Jeffrey Herman, 26, 834 Iris St., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of vehicle.
- Angelo Marino, 28, 753 Troutback Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, speeding, improper lane usage and marijuana possession.
- Mary Norwood, 25, 22486 Tucker Road, Zachary, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of vehicle and violation of other laws of the road.
- Rosemelia Robertineo, 49, 4545 MacArthur Blvd., New Orleans, first-offense DWI and possession of alcohol in vehicle.
- Christen Smith, 23, 3154 Claycut Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, following too close and reckless operation of vehicle.
- Edward Tennart, 42, 750 Harding Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required, driver’s license suspended or revoked and fugitive from justice.
- Vinnie Thomassie, 29, 41149 Highway 42, Lot 28, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control, driver’s license required and negligent injuring.
- Alexandra Tolbert, 24, 18454 Greenbrier Estates, Prairieville, DWI and speeding.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.