A timeline of Derrick Todd Lee’s killings, capture and conviction


  • Randi Mebruer was abducted April 19 from her Oak Shadows Subdivision home in Zachary, where there are signs of a bloody struggle. Her body has never been found, but Zachary police in 2004 said evidence found at the scene was tested and matched Derrick Todd Lee’s DNA.


  • Gina Wilson Green was found strangled in her Stanford Avenue home on Sept. 24 in Baton Rouge. Police linked her death to the serial killer in July 2002, before Lee was identified as the suspect.


  • Geralyn DeSoto, 21, was found stabbed to death in her Addis home on Jan. 14. Earlier in the day, she had registered for graduate school at LSU. Eventually, authorities linked her death to Lee based on DNA found in her fingernail scrapings.
  • Charlotte Murray Pace was found stabbed to death May 31 in her Sharlo Avenue home south of LSU.

    A Breaux Bridge woman was beaten severely on July 9 by a man who also tried to rape her. A warrant was issued May 27, 2003, for Lee’s arrest in the case.

    Pam Kinamore was abducted from her Briarwood Estates subdivision home in Baton Rouge on July 12. Her body was found near Whiskey Bay four days later. Police announced at the end of July that evidence collected during the investigations of the Kinamore, Pace and Green cases was linked to the same killer.

    Trineisha Dené Colomb was attacked near Grand Coteau north of Lafayette on Nov. 21. Her body was found in Scott on Nov. 24. The following month, authorities identified her as a serial-killer victim.


  • Carrie Lynn Yoder was abducted March 3 from her Dodson Avenue home south of LSU and found dead 10 days later near Whiskey Bay. Police named her as a serial-killer victim after linking through DNA evidence.
  • Lee was forced to submit a sample May 5 for DNA testing. Test results matched Lee’s DNA three weeks later to a genetic profile of the serial killer.

    A warrant was issued May 26 for Lee’s arrest in the Yoder killing, tying him to the serial killings. Lee was captured in Atlanta the next day.


  • Lee was convicted of second-degree murder Aug. 10 in the slaying of DeSoto and automatically sentenced to life in prison.
  • Lee was convicted of first-degree murder Oct. 12 in the slaying of Pace. Jurors issued their unanimous decision an hour and 20 minutes after receiving the case. Lee was sentenced to death two days later.


  • The Louisiana Supreme Court denied Lee’s appeal Sept. 18 to overturn the first-degree murder conviction and death sentence. Justice Scott Crichton wrote in the decision that evidence showing Lee killed Pace in a “brutal and vicious manner” was both overwhelming and horrific.


  • Lee was moved to a local hospital Jan. 16 from the Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola because of unspecified health problems. He died Jan. 21.