An electrical surge to a breaker panel caused a house fire at 3646 Lone Oak Drive on Sunday, according to a Fire Department news release.
Firefighters arrived on the scene at 3:48 p.m. and had the blaze under control in about 10 minutes, the release says.
The fire was contained in the bedroom that housed the breaker panel, the release says.
The rest of the house suffered smoke and water damage, the release says.
No one was hurt in the fire, the release says.
The owners of the home returned home while firefighters were working to put the flames out, the release says.
Authorities book five on DWI counts
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Jessie Chapman, 42, 4213 Heath Drive, Baker, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked and improper lane usage.
• Lucas Dousay, 36, 11555 Southfork Ave., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, possession of alcohol in a vehicle and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
• Roosebelt Gaines, 27, 4840 Kennesaw Drive, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required or expired and failure to maintain control.
• Lakesha Jackson, 35, 1923 Sparta Ave., first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
• Edwin Noriega, 22, 1216 Aster St., first-offense DWI, resisting an officer, speeding, no proof of insurance, operating a vehicle without lawful presence in the United States, driver’s license required and license plate switched.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.