Police on Friday arrested a man and woman accused of robbing a woman at gunpoint Aug. 12 after luring her to a home via a false Internet advertisement, according to an arrest warrant.
The victim called a number listed on a Craigslist ad offering an iPhone for $300, the warrant says.
The person who answered the phone asked the victim if she wanted to buy two iPhones for $550, which the victim agreed to do, the warrant says.
The victim drove to a home on 6269 Bluegrass Drive to pick up the phones, the warrant says. When the she arrived at the home, Niketra Rochelle Deloach, 18, pointed a gun at her and demanded the $550.
Deloach was accompanied by Jamarcus Simmons, 21, who also had a gun and stole the victim’s cellphone and laptop, the warrant says. Officers called the number listed in the Craigslist ad, and it belong to Deloach, the warrant says.
Deloach, 5812 E. Sunset Hill Ave., was booked into Parish Prison on a count of armed robbery.
Simmons, 5425 Sumrall Drive, was booked on two counts of armed robbery.
Simmons is also accused of robbing another person at gunpoint on Aug. 3 after tricking the victim with a Craigslist ad, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Simmons lured that person to the same address and stole money from that person after pointing a gun to the victim’s stomach, the affidavit says.
Another unidentified assailant stole the victim’s cellphone, the affidavit says.
Man held in assault using broken bottle
Police on Friday arrested a 19-year-old man accused of hitting a man on the head with a glass bottle on Aug. 14 and then stabbing the man in the chest with the broken bottle, according to an arrest warrant.
Keimora Romonta Pitts, 4055 N. 38th St., was booked into Parish Prison on one count of attempted second-degree murder.
The warrant does not say if Pitts and the victim were arguing at the time of the incident, which occurred at 3827 Plank Road, or if the two knew each other.
The victim was taken to a hospital and underwent surgery for the stabbing, the warrant says. He also received staples to his head and is expected to recover, the warrant says.
7 booked with DWI in EBR Parish Prison
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Colleen Fletcher, 50, 220 Delgado Drive, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and driving over the median.
• Jacqueline Foster, 51, 14116 N. White Sands Drive, first-offense DWI, no proof of insurance and failure to maintain control.
• Benjamin Fowler, 20, 2218 Bluff Creek Drive, Kingwood, Texas, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
• Steven Gray, 24, 38143 Jefferson Crossing, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and negligent vehicle injuring.
• Johnny Jackson, 31, 401 Sinbad St., Baker, first-offense DWI and license plate required.
• Christopher Jenkins, 29, 3162 Greenwood Drive, second-offense DWI, headlights required and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Brandi Martin, 25, 39275 David Drive, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, failure to obey a stop sign or yield sign, and headlights required.