Police book teenager in rape of 11-year-old
A 17-year-old teen accused of raping an 11-year-old girl in December was arrested Wednesday.
Darron Graham, 653 River Southway Drive, was booked by Baton Rouge police with aggravated rape, East Baton Rouge Parish Prison records show.
According to an affidavit warrant, Graham had sex with the victim at a home in the 1100 block of Napoleon Street on Dec. 27.
Woman, 26, accused of sexual battery
Baton Rouge police Wednesday arrested a 26-year-old Baton Rouge woman accused of having sex with a minor at least twice in March at a relative’s house on Sherwood Forest Boulevard.
Police booked Alexis Nicole Bindon, 7544 Poinsettia Drive, into Parish Prison on two counts of sexual battery and one count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
The two have known each other for several years and Bindon knew the youth was underage, the affidavit says.
The victim was listed as a missing person after running away from home, the affidavit says.
Police inbook man, 37, shooting incident
A 37-year-old Baton Rouge man accused of firing a single shot from a rifle at an occupied vehicle, striking one person, on March 23, 2012, has been arrested.
Baton Rouge police booked Noah Montrell Burrell, 2632 Curtis St., into Parish Prison on Wednesday on one count each of attempted second-degree murder, illegal use of a weapon and aggravated criminal damage to property, according to information in an affidavit warrant.
One of the occupants in the vehicle was struck in the arm and abdomen by the shot Burrell allegedly fired and she was treated at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center for the wound, the warrant says.
Man held in attack on pregnant woman
Baton Rouge police Wednesday arrested a man accused of kneeing a pregnant woman in the stomach and punching another woman in the chest.
Police booked Deandre Gautier, 22, 4540 Crown Ave., Apt. 87, Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on one count each of attempted first-degree feticide, aggravated assault with a firearm, obstruction of justice, domestic abuse battery and felon in possession of a firearm, according to information in an affidavit of probable cause.
After the alleged assault occurred, Gautier pointed a loaded handgun at the two women and then hid the gun when police arrived, the affidavit says. The affidavit does not specify the date of the attack and that information was not available from police on Thursday.
Gautier also gave a false name to the officers when they arrested him, the affidavit says.
Women seen using stolen credit card
Sheriff’s deputies are searching for two women seen on security camera footage on Feb. 28 allegedly seen using a credit card reported stolen earlier that day.
The victim was shopping at the Wal-Mart at 10200 Sullivan Road when her credit card was stolen from her purse, Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks said in a news release.
Later that day, two women made $371.20 in unauthorized charges at the Family Dollar at 6180 Plank Road at about 4 p.m., Hicks said.
The suspects’ vehicle is a silver Dodge Avenger, Hicks said.
Anyone with information about the theft or the identity of the suspects is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office at (225) 389-5000 or Crimestoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Authorities book 8 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Madelaine Beall, 19, 5775 S. Pollard Parkway, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and failure to dim headlights.
- Hunter Daloglu, 18, 37344 Mill Park Ave., Gonzales, first-offense DWI, speeding and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Uduak Edemeka, 35, 7733 Bles Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and simple obstruction of a highway.
- Richard George, 53, 3017 Sherry Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal/improper turn, equipment violation and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Terrance Kirklin, 24, 3579 Victoria Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license not in possession, reckless operation of a vehicle and disobeying a red light.
- Catherine Moore, 29, 3333 Madeira Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, license plate required, driver’s license suspended/revoked and improper lane usage.
- Gerald Parker, 52, 10853 E. Fuller Place, Baton Rouge, third-offense DWI, possession of alcoholic beverage in a vehicle, reckless operation of a vehicle and headlights required.
- Zoe Reynaud, 20, 12101 N. Lake Sherwood Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and speeding.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.