.

A pot left unattended on a stove caused a fire that injured one person and caused damage to a home, officials said.

Baton Rouge firefighters responded to a house fire in the 3600 block of Amarillo Street shortly before 8 p.m. Tuesday, Fire Department spokesman Curt Monte said in a news release. There were two people in the home at the time of the fire, and one was transported to an area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, Monte said.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and dining room. The rest of the home received smoke and water damage.

Red Cross was called to assist the residents.

Later Tuesday, firefighters responded to another blaze in the 2500 block of Dougherty Drive. Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the vacant building, which was once an automobile mechanic shop, Monte said.

The fire started in an old vehicle inside the building. There was no one inside the building at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire has been ruled as arson, Monte said.

The fire occurred around 9:50 p.m.