Police arrest manin Dec. 14 robbery
Baton Rouge police Friday arrested a man and accused him of entering a car at about 8:53 p.m. on Dec. 14 under the pretense of needing a ride, then pulling out a silver handgun and robbing the two victims of $345 and 180 Oxycodone pills.
Police booked Donald York, 30, 1330 Jim Taylor Drive, Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on one count of armed robbery, the affidavit warrant says.
One of the victims knew York as the son of one of his friends, the warrant says.
Man, 51, accused inrape of acquaintance
A man police accused of raping a woman after she denied several of his advances has been arrested.
Baton Rouge police booked Terrance Curtis, 51, 153 N. 17th St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on Thursday on one count of forcible rape, an affidavit of probable cause says.
The victim told police Curtis saw her as she was trying to hide her belongings near a bridge because she had nowhere else to stay, the affidavit says. They had met before and he offered to let her stay at his place.
After consuming alcohol and after she rebuffed several of his advances, he apologized, then held her down and raped her, the affidavit says.
BR minan booked robbery attempt
A Baton Rouge man accused by police of trying to rob a food mart and shooting at the clerk’s head during a struggle was arrested Thursday afternoon.
Baton Rouge police booked Dexter Joseph Delpit, 24, 2675 Iowa St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on one count each of attempted first-degree murder and attempted armed robbery, an affidavit of probable cause says.
During the struggle, Delpit shot at the victim’s head, but missed, then the victim bit Delpit’s arm, causing him to drop the gun and run, the affidavit says.
Police found Delpit sweating profusely near the food mart and saw he had injuries matching ones the victim said he inflicted on Delpit, the affidavit says.
Naked walk at school leads to man’s arrest
Sheriff’s deputies Friday arrested a 30-year-old Baton Rouge man who admitted he got intoxicated and walked around naked on the street in front of Sharon Hills Elementary school.
Deputies booked Charlie Terrell Smith, 1230 W. Garfield St., into Parish Prison on one count of obscenity, an affidavit of probable cause says.
Man accused in theft of medication, puppy
Baton Rouge police arrested a man and accused him of stealing cash, medication and a puppy at gunpoint from an apartment on Dec. 23.
The two victims thought they recognized the robber’s voice and demeanor as that of someone who had been to their apartment before, the affidavit says.
A friend of the victims, who had taken the man to the victims’ apartment, told her friends that the man had returned with a puppy and asked her to take care of it, the affidavit says.
The woman gave the victims the man’s name and they matched it to a 2009 Crime Stoppers picture to identify the robber as Derrick Anthony Albert, 33, 11445 Bard Ave., Baton Rouge, the affidavit says. He was booked into Parish Prison on Thursday on one count of armed robbery.
Man, 49, accusedof indecent behavior
A man accused of inappropriately touching a young girl, even after she asked him to stop, has been arrested.
Baton Rouge police arrested John Soloman, 49, 12533 Coursey Blvd., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on Thursday on one count of indecent behavior with a juvenile, an affidavit of probable cause says.
The girl locked herself in the bathroom and began texting friends and family that Soloman was trying to sexually assault her, the affidavit says. A school official was with a friend the girl was video chatting with and the official notified police.
Authorities book 8 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Tommy Atkins, 39, 14484 Acacia St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, seat belt violation, reckless operation of a vehicle and negligent vehicular injuring.
- Matthew Cloy, 28, 1538 Sharlo Ave., Baton Rouge, third-offense DWI, improper lane usage and failure to maintain control/careless operation.
- Travis Honore, 24, 8287 Gladewood Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and headlights required.
- Ian Ledet, 21, 5605 Gondron Road, New Iberia, first-offense DWI.
- Elodia Sanchez Villa, 33, 8855 Coy Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, insurance required, flight from officer, driver’s license required, registration on motor vehicle, possession of alcoholic beverage in the vehicle, license plate switched and registration/commercial vehicles exemption.
- Kyle Singletary, 26, 14492 Roddy Road, Gonzales, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, reckless operation of a vehicle and failure to signal/improper turn.
- Danica Slaughter, 22, 2117 General Jackson Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal/improper turn, reckless operation of a vehicle and speeding.
- Jordan Snyder, 26, 18601 Keystone Ave., Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.