Woman arrested in beating of 5-year-old
A 26-year-old woman accused of beating a 5-year-old boy in the face earlier this month has been arrested by Baton Rouge police and booked into Parish Prison.
Ebone West, of Lorraine Street, hit the boy repeatedly in the face on Nov. 10, causing bruising and swelling to both cheeks, according to an affidavit of probable cause. The boy’s father was on the phone with West and told police that he could hear her hitting the boy in the background, the affidavit states.
West was booked Friday into Parish Prison on a count of cruelty to a juvenile.
BR man accused of molesting 12-year-old
Baton Rouge police on Friday arrested a 58-year-old man accused of inappropriately touching a 12-year-old child.
Police arrested Calvin J. Edwards after the child accused him of committing a lewd act, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Investigators were told Edwards forcefully pulled the 12-year-old onto his lap and began to fondle the child, the affidavit says. Edwards denied the accusations, the affidavit says.
Edwards, 7015 Hoover Ave., Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on Friday on counts of aggravated crimes against nature.
5 booked on suspicion of DWI in EBR Parish
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Angel Amaya, 25, 2150 N. Sherwood Forest Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license not in possession, drinking in a motor vehicle, failure to yield at stop sign and reckless operation of vehicle.
- Kylan Givens, 26, 15325 Jackson Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of vehicle.
- Christopher Lebeuf, 30, 2042 Lee Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of vehicle.
- Christopher Patin, 44, 11048 Fieldcrest Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal, improper turn and driver’s license not on person.
- Jeffery Vincent, 50, 153 Kenwood Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, insurance required, failure to maintain control, vehicle negligent injuring and reckless operation of vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.