Two families living in apartment units in a complex on Starwood Court were displaced after an electrical fire on Friday night, St. George Fire Department spokesman Eldon Ledoux said.

Firefighters responded to the blaze just before 8:30 p.m. Friday and investigators found that the fire started in the kitchen of one of the units, but soon moved up the wall into the attic, Ledoux said.

The apartments, which are off Gardere Lane, had smoke and water damage from the fire in addition to damage to the electrical systems. The Red Cross was called to assist the residents.