Officials with the St. George Fire Department said a family of three escaped from an apartment fire on Toulon Drive early Sunday with no injuries.

The St. George and Baton Rouge fire departments responded to the fire burning through the roof of a three-plex apartment at 3228 Toulon Drive at about 3:20 a.m., said Eldon Ledoux, a St. George Fire Department spokesman.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze, which originated in a utility closet, in about 15 minutes, Ledoux said.

The fire was contained to one apartment with moderate fire and water damage, he said.

The Red Cross was called to assist the family.