Boy, hit by car, is in critical condition
A 10-year-old boy was hit by a car near Winbourne Avenue and Mission Drive early Friday afternoon, a city police spokesman said.
The boy was walking across Winbourne Avenue when a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix, driven by Faydra Thomas, 26, hit him, police spokesman Sgt. Donald Stone said.
The boy was transported to the hospital and is in critical condition, Stone said.
Thomas was not injured, Stone said.
No citations were issued at the scene of the accident, Stone said.
Police are still investigating the incident, Stone said.
Man, 25, shot several times at traffic light
A 25-year-old man drove himself to the hospital after being shot in the 4600 block of Gus Young Avenue on Friday afternoon, Baton Rouge Police said in a news release.
The man was sitting in his car at a traffic light when someone approached his car and shot him several times, the release said.
The victim drove himself to a hospital and remains in critical condition, the release said.
Police said they have no motive or suspects.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Baton Rouge Police Homicide Division at (225) 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Authorities arrest 9 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Vincent Burchell, 50, 4580 Sherwood St., first-offense DWI, speeding, simple assault, simple criminal damage to property and failure to obey a stop sign or yield sign.
• Jessica Burris, 28, 13735 Kenner Ave., Kenner, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and speeding.
• Zachary Guidry, 22, 16834 Patton Ave., first-offense DWI, possession of alcohol in a vehicle, failure to maintain control and driver’s license required.
• William Hein, 38, 1824 Carter Ave., first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• David Landry, 29, 10142 Angela Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Maykel Rignack, 27, 16352 Old Hammond Highway, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
• Hector Segouia, 36, 5323 Richland Ave., Marrero, first-offense DWI and driver’s license required or expired.
• Joshua Seitz, 21, 3262 Wyoming St., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, motor vehicle inspection required, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, failure to yield on a private drive and equipment violation.
• Trevor Ulmer, 31, 18049 Manchac Place Drive, Prairieville, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.