Baton Rouge and St. George fire departments quickly extinguished an accidental third-story apartment fire Friday night at Regency Club Apartments at 11555 Southfork Drive, a St. George spokesman said.

Units from both departments began arriving seven minutes after receiving the call at 8:46 p.m. and found no one inside when they forced their way inside Apt. 3038, spokesman Eldon Ledoux said in a news release. He said the living area of the apartment was engulfed in flames.

Firefighters gained control of the fire at 9:02 p.m. and reported no injuries, the release says.

The apartment and its contents were severely damaged and the apartment immediately below received minor water damage, the release says.