Police are looking for a man accused of robbing an 86-year-old man near the Louisiana Art and Science Museum on River Road on Sept. 17, a police spokesman said in a news release.
The victim was walking on the sidewalk in the 100 block of South River Road near LASM at 5:36 p.m. when the suspect grabbed him around the neck from behind, stole his wallet and ran away, Sgt. Donald Stone said in the release.
The suspect is described as a white male, 25 to 30 years old, 6 feet tall, 180 pounds with a short haircut.
He was wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans, Stone said.
Anyone with information on this suspect or this robbery is urged to contact the Baton Rouge Police Armed Robbery Division at (225) 389-3845 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Man arrested after juvenile-sex charge
Police arrested a 19-year-old man Thursday accused of having sex with a 14-year-old girl, according to an arrest warrant.
Christopher Washington, 4224 Hollywood St., was booked into Parish Prison on three counts of carnal knowledge of a juvenile, the warrant says.
Washington had sex with the girl “numerous” times between March 2010 and July 2011, the warrant says.
EBR man arrested after drug search
East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s detectives arrested a man Thursday after seizing 180 pounds of synthetic narcotics at a home on Brianna Drive, a sheriff’s spokeswoman said in a news release.
Vi Phu, 38, was arrested during a search of 12103 Brianna Drive on Thursday and was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on one count each of possession with the intent to distribute Schedule I drugs, Casey Rayborn Hicks said.
Phu’s sister, Catherine Vu Phu, 24, is also a suspect but was not at the house during the search, Hicks said. A warrant has been issued for her arrest.
Detectives found more than 17,000 packs of synthetic narcotics worth $517,500 on Thursday, Hicks said.
Detectives searched the home again Friday and found more synthetic drugs worth an additional $168,000, bringing the total to $685,500, Hicks said.
Anyone with information of Catherine Vu Phu’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office at (225) 389-5000 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at (225) 344-STOP.
Two men arrested in burglaries at LSU
The LSU Police Department made two arrests in vehicle burglaries that occurred recently on campus, an LSU news release says.
Conner Lynch, 18, 803 Drehr Ave., was arrested and booked into Parish Prison on Tuesday on two counts of burglary and one count each of theft by unauthorized use of an access card, conspiracy to commit forgery, and possession of drug paraphernalia, the release says.
Daniel Gilmer, 17, 1775 Perkins Road, was booked on two counts of burglary, one count of theft by unauthorized use of an access card, and forgery, the release says.
LSU Police received several reports of vehicles being burglarized Monday in the Miller Extension parking lot, the release says.
The two suspects admitted to being involved in the crimes, the release says.
Property taken during the burglaries was recovered and investigators suspect there may be more victims that have not come forward, the release says.
The investigation is ongoing, the release says.
If anyone has information about these incidents, call LSU Police at (225) 578-3132.
Eleven drivers jailed on EBR DWI counts
Authorities arrested at least 11 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them are:
• Robert Basford, 25, 8001 Jefferson Highway, second-offense DWI, failure to obey a stop sign or yield sign and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Anna Cambon, 23, 4822 Sweetbaian, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light and disobeying a control device.
• Jeremy Levatino, 26, 12517 Park Range Ave., first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, reckless operation of a vehicle and resisting an officer.
• Collin Mancuso, 19, 26451 U.S. 190, Robert, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and headlights required.
• Terrence Marshall, 22, 3407 Buffwood Drive, Baker, first-offense DWI.
• Bobby McGowan, 21, 1138 N. Foster Drive, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, failure to signal and improper turn.
• Jerome Miller, 38, 3626 Coolidge St., Baker, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
• Lance Selders, 20, 5709 Lower CC Road, Clinton, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required or expired, equipment violation, possession of marijuana and following too close.
• Tequilla Springer, 29, 1001 N. 31st St., first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• John Paul St. Germain, 22, 13785 Alvin Sibley Road, Walker, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Gerald Young, 54, 16947 Hamilton Ave., second-offense DWI and improper lane usage.