A man accused of shooting his wife’s son in the leg Sunday was arrested Wednesday and booked into Parish Prison, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
James Hamilton, 54, shot the victim in the leg while the victim was arguing with his mother about her missing car, which she believed her son took, the affidavit says.
Hamilton, 9102 Staring Court, was booked on one count of attempted second-degree murder.
8 booked with DWI in EBR Parish Prison
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Austin Adami, 33, 22319 Unicorns Horn Lane, Katy, Texas, first-offense DWI, driving over the median and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Matthew Fitzpatrick, 26, 41452 Bess Road, Prairieville, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
• Keith London, 27, 3075 Woodglynn Drive, first-offense DWI, license plate required and failure to signal.
• Keri Martin, 29, 2528 Gates Circle, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and failure to obey a stop sign or yield sign.
• Gabriel Perez, 28, 15474 Palmetto Lane, Prairieville, second-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and driver’s license required.
• Marvin Scott, 33, 5641 Cortez Drive, first-offense DWI, seat belt violation, driver’s license suspended or revoked and resisting an officer.
• Sharon Simon, 61, 14442 Amapola Way, Delray Beach, Fla., second-offense DWI, obstruction on a highway and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Albert Watson, 38, 2647 Jackson Ave., second-offense DWI, equipment violation, driver’s license required or expired and reckless operation of a vehicle.