An electrical malfunction is being blamed for a house fire at 2645 Lobelia Ave. in the early morning hours Wednesday that caused about $55,000 in damage.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the fire at 3:18 a.m. and found the back of the house engulfed in flames when they arrived. Ten people living at the home escaped unharmed before firefighters arrived, fire officials said.

Although fire damage was contained to the back part of the house, the rest of the home received smoke and water damage, according to the fire department.