No one injured in house fire; video shows blaze that destroyed home where six people lived _lowres

Photo provided by Baton Rouge Fire Department -- Firefighters battle a blaze Tuesday morning, Dec. 1, 2015, on Ford Street in Baton Rouge.

Firefighters extinguished a Baton Rouge house fire Tuesday morning that left the building a total loss.

The fire started by accident, and firefighters found the blaze emanating from the back of the house just before 8 a.m., a Baton Rouge Fire Department news release says.

Firefighters put out the fire from outside the single family home at 5075 Ford St. The fire originated in the laundry room, said department spokesperson Mark Miles.

Six people lived in the house, but no one was injured, the release says.