St. George Fire Department

St. George Fire Department

File photo from St. George Fire Department

A fire that burned through the wall of a popular Baton Rouge Popeyes restaurant Friday evening started outside and burned through a wall, according to a release. 

The fire, which was first reported at 9:55 p.m. and under control by 10:26 p.m., occurred within the restaurant located at 10613 Burbank Drive. 

Firefighters followed the trail of the fire, which began after "smoking materials" were improperly disposed of in the landscaping outside the restaurant, according to a release from the St. George Fire Department. The fire got behind the exterior stucco and burned up the wall to the roof. 

Only employees were present at the time of the fire; no injuries were reported.