Police arrested a 33-year-old man Tuesday accused of committing an aggravated sex crime against a 12-year-old girl about two years ago, according to an arrest warrant.
Robert Collins Jr., 7462 Glenetta Court, was booked into Parish Prison on the felony sex charge after the victim, now 14, told family members on Aug. 3 what happened, the warrant said.
The victim told police the sex crime took place at an apartment at 8506 Greenwell Springs Road, the warrant said.
Family members told police Collins was arrested five years ago in allegedly committing the same crime against another girl, the warrant said.
Deputies seek man in debit card theft
Authorities are searching for a man accused of stealing a woman’s debit card April 17 while the woman was working inside of a church, according to an East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office news release.
The victim was working in the church on Dalrymple Drive when she noticed her wallet had been stolen, the release said.
When she was reporting her stolen debit card to Regions Bank, the bank’s representative informed her there had already been 12 purchases made on the card totaling more than $1,000, the release said.
The suspect used the card at three local Walmart stores, the release said.
Anyone with information about this incident or the identity of the suspect is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at (225) 389-5000 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Six DWI suspects booked into prison
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Tuesday and 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
• Roger Baugh, 55, 38313 W. Maple, Ponchatoula, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and possession of alcohol in vehicle.
• Linda Coulter, 47, 2624 Rittiner Drive, first-offense DWI, headlights required and driver’s license required.
• Tori Jones, 18, 12400 Jefferson Highway, first-offense DWI, motor vehicle inspection required or expired, failure to signal, improper turn, driver’s license required and required tail lamps.
• Luke Lewis, 20, 11308 Highland Road, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
• Wiliam Scott, 36, 1140 Boardwalk Ave., first-offense DWI, failure to signal, improper turn and license plate required.
• Jacob Simmons, 26, 7436 President Drive, first-offense DWI, following too close, speeding, improper lane usage, failure to signal and failure to change address on driver’s license.