Police: Man robbed, stabbed, put in trunk
Under the pretense of meeting for dinner on June 21, police said, Germany Harvey, 23, upon arrival brandished a knife at another man, robbed him of his wallet, stabbed him in the arm, tied his hands and stuffed him into the trunk of a 1994 Honda Accord that belonged to Harvey’s girlfriend.
Harvey drove away in a different car, and an unidentified second person drove the Honda with the stabbed man still inside to 2555 Sherwood St., where the car was abandoned, according to the arrest warrant. The man was able to force his way out of the trunk and get help.
The attacks did not end there, police said. Four days later, Harvey torched the man’s car, destroying it while it sat parked behind apartments at 2850 Iroquois St., according to another arrest warrant.
The victim knew Harvey only as “G,” but police were able to trace the Honda Accord to the girlfriend, who said Harvey took it without asking, the warrant says.
Harvey, 3065 Shelley St., Baton Rouge, was booked Thursday into Parish Prison on armed robbery, second-degree kidnapping and simple arson.
BR hotel worker, 42, accused of sex crime
A 42-year-old man accused of having sex several times with an underage boy he met on Craigslist, including at least one encounter at the Baton Rouge hotel where he works, has been arrested.
Octavio Amezquita first emailed with the boy on May 6, and they met for sex several times up to July 7, according to the affidavit of probable cause. On one occasion, Amezquita picked the boy up near his house and took him to the hotel where he works so they could have sex, the affidavit says. The affidavit does not specify the boy’s age.
Amezquita, 3402 Helen Drive, Pearland, Texas, was booked Friday into Parish Prison on indecent behavior with a juvenile, sexual battery and computer-aided solicitation of a minor.
Man, 40, booked in rape of 7-year-old girl
A 40-year-old man raped a 7-year-old girl at least twice, most recently while he was baby-sitting her on Tuesday, sheriff’s deputies say.
After her siblings left his house, Shedrick Grinner brought the girl into his bedroom, where he attacked her, according to the affidavit of probable cause.
The girl told police that sexual encounters have happened “a bunch of times,” the affidavit says. Grinner told police he had sex with the girl twice.
Grinner, 8045 Skysail Ave., was booked into Parish Prison Thursday on counts of aggravated rape, booking records show.
Authorities book 16 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 16 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including a fourth-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Jordan Aliers, 18, 14086 Airline Highway, Gonzales, first-offense DWI, improper lane use, driving on the sidewalk, driving over the median, driving left of center and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Jeffrey Bobe, 45, 1122 Willow Brook Ave., Denham Springs, second-offense DWI, speeding and possession of alcohol in a vehicle.
- Jordan Burkett, 18, 12668 Mollylea Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane use and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Robin Cobb, 27, 330 Ingleside Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and license plate required.
- Andrew Ellisor, 23, 19325 Greenwell Springs Road, Central, fourth-offense DWI, public intimidation, possession of an alcoholic beverage in the vehicle and improper lane use.
- Travis Finley, 39, 15627 Stallion Peak Circle, Cypress, Texas, first-offense DWI, careless driving, improper lane use, failure to signal and speeding.
- Horace Hampton, 47, 3803 Pensacola Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and criminal damage to property.
- Nelson James, 31, 9525 Old Hermitage Parkway, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, speeding and possession of alcoholic beverage in a vehicle.
- Evan Kelly, 29, 10003 E. Brookside Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper turns, failure to signal and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Chadwick Lowery, 46, 3151 La. 457, Alexandria, first-offense DWI, failure to yield and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Darren Myles, 25, 17550 Bay Paul Road, French Settlement, second-offense DWI and careless operation.
- Joshua Patterson, 28, 4764 Aldrich Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked and headlights required.
- Kevin Roussel, 60, 17846 Coffee Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane use.
- Johar Sadaqat, 27, 3865 Club View Court, Zachary, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and disobeying a red light.
- Tommy Tripeaux, 47, 14331 Sweet Gum Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, improper lane use and reckless operation.
- Michael Yenni, 21, 710 E. Boyd Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.