A passerby warned the occupants of a burning home that their house was on fire Saturday night, getting them out before the Fire Department arrived to fight the blaze, a St. George Fire Department spokesman said.

St. George firefighters received the 911 call about 7:20 p.m. Saturday that the home at 14708 Winter Oak Ave., was ablaze, spokesman Eldon Ledoux said in a news release.

When firefighters arrived, the fire was burning through the roof, Ledoux’s release says.

The fire started in the attic near the chimney, he said, and burned through the roof.

Virtually the entire attic burned, Ledoux said, causing severe damage to the home.

Firefighters controlled the fire in about 30 minutes. No injuries were reported, Ledoux said.