Candle sparks Sheldon Drive house fire Sunday
No one was injured when a candle in the bedroom of a Sheldon Drive home sparked an early Sunday morning fire.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department arrived at 2036 Sheldon Drive about 5:45 a.m. Sunday and quickly brought the blaze under control, Fire Department spokesman Curt Monte said in a new release.
The fire caused about $20,000 damage to the $50,000 home, he said. Two people home at the time of the fire escaped unharmed.
Authorities arrest 10 suspected of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Asafio Bowman, 40, 5075 Nicholson Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Kyle Hebert, 20, 2404 Brightside Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, purchase or possession of alcohol while under 21, and reckless operation.
- Angel Hernandez, 19, 1645 Brightside, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and careless operation.
- Pagi Huff, 49, Gov. Wickleaf St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of alcohol in vehicle and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Derrick Jackson, 41, 1570 N. 79th Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of vehicle, insurance required and hit & run.
- Joshua Manogin, 22, 15013 Point Chenier Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal and possession with intent to distribute a Schedule-IV drug.
- Merle Moak, 34, 1460 Lila St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, improper lane use and speeding.
- Coaneal Montgomery, 34, 1126 Barrington Drive, Baker, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Alfonzo Munguia, 24, 4262 Southpark Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane use.
- Kristina Plunkett, 23, 15101 Palm Pointe Drive, Gonzales, first-offense DWI.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.