2 arrested on drug, shooting charges
Baton Rouge police Friday morning arrested two Baton Rouge residents accused of firing multiple gunshots at victims in a car during a dispute involving theft allegations, affidavits of probable cause say.
Police booked Sonyonna L. Hall, 35, 1570 Duchess Drive, into Parish Prison on counts of attempted first-degree murder, illegal use of a weapon, aggravated criminal damage to property, simple battery, possession of marijuana and possession/distribution/manufacturing and cultivation of Schedule I drugs, an affidavit says.
Police also booked Turon A. LeDuff Jr., 18, 1544 Stacy Drive, into Parish Prison on counts of attempted first-degree murder, illegal use of a weapon, aggravated criminal damage to property and possession of a firearm with drugs, another affidavit says.
LeDuff arrived during a dispute between Hall and three other people and began firing at the victims, who were inside a vehicle, the affidavits say.
LeDuff gave Hall the gun and she fired on the vehicle before the two fled with another family member, the affidavits say.
Deputies arrest man in roof work fraud
Deputies arrested a Baton Rouge man accused of taking money for work from a 72-year-old woman then leaving without finishing the roof work, an affidavit warrant says.
Clayton S. Cooper, 31, allegedly told a woman on Dec. 21 that her roof needed several repairs and he would perform the work for $150, the warrant says.
He asked for the money up front so his wife could buy Christmas presents for their children, then left and never finished the work, the warrant says.
Deputies booked Cooper into Parish Prison Saturday on one count each of home improvement fraud and exploitation of the infirmed, the warrant says.
The warrant shows 4711 Blount Road, Lot 28, as Cooper’s last known address. According to the warrant, Clayton is listed as a repeat offender with numerous exploitation of the infirmed or aged and fraud arrests.
Man shot Saturday on N. 24th Street
Baton Rouge police were called to investigate a shooting incident Saturday afternoon on North 24th Street, a police spokesman said.
Officers arrived at 1527 N. 24th St. around 3 p.m. and found an unidentified man shot in the back, Cpl. Tommy Stubbs said.
The man was taken to a hospital, Stubbs said. The extent of his injuries is unknown. Circumstances behind the shooting are unknown, Stubbs said.
Eight arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Rusty Chenevert, 35, 3477 Freneaux St., Livonia, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Elizabeth Davis, 25, 5571 Halsey St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Todd Gobert, 26, 326 Last Cyoo Road, Opelousas, first-offense DWI, seat belt violation, failure to signal/improper turn and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Daniel Larroux, 27, 9305 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and stop sign/yield sign.
- Samuel Rodgers, 65, 1917 Mariner Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Matthew Rogillio, 25, 12727 Coursey Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Derek Stelly, 31, 71380 La. 82, Abbeville, second-offense DWI.
The following person suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish was arrested and booked into Parish Prison between 2:30 a.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Friday.
- Esteban Unda, 29, 2907 Tide Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and other laws of the road.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.